Shahjeera aroma is just a little bitter than cumin seeds, a very popular spice in India. It is popularly known as "ShahJeera" in Hindi, "Sheema Jilkara" in Telugu.
Shahjeera or Caraway seeds contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants that are powerful digestive aid and helps eliminate stomach gas. These are extensively used in Indian cooking for the preparation of masalas, curries and side dishes.
Shahjeera, has great importance which cannot be ignored as it is a vital spice in Indian kitchen with numerous health benefits. Jeera can be used to make Jal Jeera, AamPana, Curd Milk and many soft drinks, which satisfy your taste buds and make you feel refreshing in scorching heat. Further sprinkle of kaala jeera on fruits, truly enhances the flavor.Curd with Jeera powder and salt, helps to keep the mind fresh for suitable digestion and healthy functioning of blood.
Shahjeera or Caraway Seeds Benefits
- Kaala Jeera has stimultant, antispasmodic, stomachic, carminative, hypolipidemic, antibacterial, astringent, and sedative properties
- Kala Jeera effectively increases body metabolism. It is useful to treat skin diseases like the eczema, dry skin and psoriasis.
- Daily use of kala jeera in food helps in improving memory, controlling diabetes by reducing blood sugar level.
- It acts on female reproductive system which reduces inflammation of the uterus.
- It is helpful in improving prenatal health in pregnant women. It is helpful for lactating mothers by providing high iron content and milk production.
- The powder form assists in cancer treatment due to its powerful activities in radical scavenging, by slowing down development of colon and breast cancer cells.
- Carway tea is helpful in relieving digestive disorders by relaxing the intestines and reduces itching.
- Helps to stop bleeding from the gums
- Cures mouth ulcers
- Reduces foul smell
- Heals aching part of the body